Of course you can use your existing fireplace and chimney to install a stove however these points should be considered:-
- Is the existing fireplace and chimney in good condition and suitable, a minimum chimney/flue height of 4m is recommended - if in doubt your chimney/flue should be inspected by a qualified person.
- The fireplace opening will usually require to be closed off with a register plate or by remodelling the fireplace.
- The chimney should be lined with the correct size flue liner for maximum efficiency, if flue gases are cooled to quickly then this will lower the efficiency of the stove.
- Care should be taken when installing to ensure minimum clearances are met - sides - back - top of stove and minimum distances to combustible materials.
- Consideration should also be given to safety if small children are present.